A screenshot of the Storify highlights of ILRI’s 40-year anniversary (photo credit: ILRI).
In 2014, to mark 40 years of its international livestock research, the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) hosted a series of events to highlight the ways in which livestock research advances the global development agenda, specifically for sustainable food and nutritional security, economic well-being and healthy lives.
The events, which brought together global, regional and local actors in livestock development, the public and private sectors and research and development agencies, included:
- A special session at the Tropentag Conference in Prague, 18 Sep 2014
- ILRI@40 conference in Nairobi, 1 Oct 2014
- A special session at the Borlaug Dialogue in Des Moines, 15 Oct 2014
- A special session at the All Africa Conference on Animal Agriculture in Nairobi, 27–29 Oct 2014
- ILRI@40 conference in Addis Ababa, 7–8 Nov 2014
View our Storify highlights of blog posts, photos, tweets, posters and presentations from these and other events organized by ILRI from Sep through Dec 2014 to mark ILRI’s 40-year anniversary. See other updates and reports.